The Nigerian port authority recruitment for 2016 has fully commenced for all interested candidates. The recruitment is an online application where you will have to fill and submit your data online. This post is written to guide you.
Nigerian Ports Authority is wholly owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Transport. It has the responsibility of providing specific seaport and harbour services for the country’s Maritime industry. The statutory functions of the Authority are as follows:
- Provision and operation of cargo handling and quay facilities
- Pilotage and sewage services
- Supply of water and fuel to vessels at anchorage or mooring buoys
- Repair and maintenance of vessels
- Dredging and contact dredging of water ways
- Navigation lighting of the ports and
- Other ancillary services
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the following job vacancies at The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) 2016:
- PILOT TRAINEE (Salary Scale: JSS 2) (GL 06)
- MARINE ENGINEERING TRAINEE (Salary Scale: JSS2) (GL 06)
- TRAINEE SEAMAN (Salary Scale: JSS3) (GL 04)
- SIGNALMAN- IN –TRAINING (Salary Scale: JSS3) (GL 04)
- RADIO OFFICER 11
- MANAGER RADIO (Salary Scale: SSS1) (GL12)
- MARINE OFFICER 11 (Salary Scale: SSS4) (GL 08)
- SENIOR MARINE OFFICER /ENGINEER (Salary Scale: SSS2) (GL10)
- MANAGER HARBOURS (Salary Scale: SSS1) (GL 12)
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
The Nigerian port authority recruitment for 2016 has certain eligibility criteria and these I have outline here for you to follow.
Prospective candidates who wish to seek employment in the Organisation must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian or have the necessary work permits, if not a Nigerian citizen.
To become a member of NPA Family, a potential employee will have to go through the following procedure:
- Submit their resumes via the online form
- Must attend aptitude test
- Must present original credentials at the interview
How to use the Recruitment Portal
- Click on the Register button to create an account on this portal by providing a valid email address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password. Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in subsequently
- Complete the resume application form. You can save your application. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes to your saved application. Make sure you review your data carefully before applying.
Please note that ONLY those who were successful at all levels of our recruitment process will qualify for employment, provided there are suitable openings
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Once you register on the NPA recruitment site for 2016, you will login with your username and password which you provided. On your recruitment account page, you will need to upload your passport and fill the necessary information below before submitting it online.
Post Primary School
Click here to apply www.careers.nigerianports.org
N.B some of the excerpt were culled from the NPA recruitment site.