The 2017 Recruitment into the Nigerian Navy has commenced and this is a guide on how to start your online application and the procedures to follow in order to avoid any pitfall in your application. The recruitment portal was open for e-portal registration on July 1st and will be close by July 31st 2017.
Recruitment is currently open to those applying for the Nigerian Navy Ratings Cadre. Applicants are hereby advised to go through the entry Requirements and Guidelines before proceeding to register online. Candidates are advice to read the instructions carefully before completing the application.
Application Guidelines: Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise For 2017
In order to start your application online, you need to possess the following educational/professional qualifications:
- Senior secondary school certificate – WAEC/NECO/GCE
- GCE Ordinary level
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guilds
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- All applicants must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2017: Requirements
- Applicants must not be married or have children before joining.
- Applicant is required to print out Parent/Guardian Consent Form and Local Government Attestation Form.
- Applicant must declare or tendered any certificate or qualification gotten before being admitted into the Nigerian navy.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years at the time of entry into the Training School for school certificate holders, while 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE Holders, ICT Professionals, etc.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Applicants with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, previous orthopaedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70, Female 1.67), fracture, stammering or any natural disability.
- Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
Method Of Application: How To Apply For The Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2017
How to start and apply for the online recruitment exercise is simple if you follow the following step outline below:
Step 1. Simply visit the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise portal at https://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/
Step 2. Create an account on the recruitment portal with your email address (which will be used as your User Name) and password. Please note that you will need the username and password to login again in the portal.
Step 3. Complete the Rating Application form. Please make sure you review your data carefully before you submit. You may log in at any time before the applications closes by July 31st 2017 to make changes after submission.
Step 4. Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
- Guarantor form
- LGA certification form
- Applicants declaration and certification by parents/Guardian form
- Police certification form
Please note also that you must come along with the printed Nigerian Navy Application form
Applicants Must Come To The Recruitment Centres With The Following Documents:
- Photocopies of credentials
- photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age declaration
- Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
- Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
- Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by any of the persons mentioned in Sub-Paragraph (c) above.
Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their neco and waec results to the recruitment centres.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
Local Government Attestation Card.
Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
The completed application form is to be submitted online.
The date for the Recruitment Aptitude Test is 7 October 2017.
On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s Application ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary.
For technical support call 08159999011 between 0900 and 1600 only.